The Imaging department
The Imaging department of Ebnesina hospital is equipped with the best and most advanced imaging equipment that help the doctors in diagnosis of diseases. This center is trying to improve the patients’ satisfaction by providing 24-hour services completely and carefully in the fields of medical imaging in radiology, CT scan, Ultrasonography and mammography departments.
Sufficient staff will be on duty (physically present) in the department to meet the anticipated demand of Radiology services at all times.
One of the unique features of the Ebnesina Hospital Imaging department is the employment of the modern imaging devices with advanced options. Patients are supervised by a physician in all diagnostic procedures and treatments.
Also, this center is among the centers that perform all imaging protocols completely; while in other centers and due to saving time and money, part of the protocol is not implemented.
In the Imaging Center of Ebnesina Hospital, all invasive radiology diagnostic methods can be performed.
Some of the unique services of Ebnesina Hospital imaging center:
- Multi-slice CT scan
- Digital radiology
- International services
- Round-the-clock ultrasound
- Digital mammography
A computerized tomography (CT) scan combines a series of X-ray images taken from different angles around your body and uses computer processing to create cross-sectional images (slices) of the bones, blood vessels and soft tissues inside your body. CT scan images provide more-detailed information than plain X-rays do.
Why it’s done
Your doctor may recommend a CT scan to help:
- Diagnose muscle and bone disorders, such as bone tumors and fractures
- Pinpoint the location of a tumor, infection or blood clot
- Guide procedures such as surgery, biopsy and radiation therapy
- Detect and monitor diseases and conditions such as cancer, heart disease, lung nodules and liver masses
- Monitor the effectiveness of certain treatments, such as cancer treatment
- Detect internal injuries and internal bleeding
Some CT scan services that can be provided at Ebnesina Hospital imaging center:
- CT angiography of central and peripheral vessels
- International procedures under the guidance of ultrasound and CT scan
- Ability to create high quality 3D images
Diagnostic ultrasound, also called sonography or diagnostic medical sonography, is an imaging method that uses sound waves to produce images of structures within your body. The images can provide valuable information for diagnosing and directing treatment for a variety of diseases and conditions.
Why it’s done
Ultrasound is used for many reasons, including to:
- View the uterus and ovaries during pregnancy and monitor the developing baby’s health
- Diagnose gallbladder disease
- Evaluate blood flow
- Guide a needle for biopsy or tumor treatment
- Examine a breast lump
- Check the thyroid gland
- Find genital and prostate problems
- Assess joint inflammation (synovitis)
- Evaluate metabolic bone disease
Advantages of ultrasound:
- free of X-rays and radioactive materials
- Imaging of soft tissues that cannot be visualized by X-ray
- Being available and cheaper than other methods
Some ultrasound services that can be provided in the imaging center of Ibn Sina Hospital:
- Ultrasound of newborn hip, newborn brain and newborn abdomen
- Transrectal and transvaginal ultrasound
- All routine and breast ultrasounds
- Color Doppler ultrasound of organs and vessels
- 4D-3D-NT ultrasound of the fetus
Radiology is a branch of medicine that uses imaging technology to diagnose and treat disease. Radiology may be divided into two different areas, diagnostic radiology and interventional radiology. Doctors who specialize in radiology are called radiologists
Some radiology services that can be provided in the Imaging Center Ebnesina Hospital:
- Digital imaging with DDR and CR devices
- Fluoroscopy, sialography, digestive system, urinary system, etc.
- Types of dental digital radiographies including (panorex, periapical, cephalometric and bite wing)
- G hysterosalpingography (colored radiography of the uterus)
- Other radiographies including Alignment and 3joint
Mammography is specialized medical imaging that uses a low-dose x-ray system to see inside the breasts. A mammography exam, called a mammogram, aids in the early detection and diagnosis of breast diseases in women.
Any kind of mammogram is a form of X-ray of the breast tissue. The main difference is that older systems rely on film and digital images are viewed on a computer. Digital mammograms are also easier to view and manipulate. The radiologist can highlight areas, zoom in and out, and use specific filters to gain a more accurate view of the breast in many instances.
Benefits of Digital Mammography Include:
Mammograms printed on film required hard files that were stored with your medical history. Digital mammography is stored on a computer and can be easily shared electronically, allowing providers to share necessary data in order to improve your care.
Digital mammography uses ¼ less radiation than its older counterpart. While the earlier doses have proven to cause no harm, less radiation is generally better.
Lastly, the doctors and radiologists can observe more due to better picture clarity and the ability to alter the photos. Our exceptional radiologists can lighten, darken and enlarge these images almost like an app on your phone. This can make detecting abnormal changes much more accurate, due to the detail provided.
24 hour Clinic Radiology Department of Ebnesina:
In addition to the imaging center located in the hospital, Ebnesina Medical Center also has a radiology department in the Ebnesina 24 hour Clinic, which is located on the fourth floor of the Clinic building.
Some services that can be provided in the imaging department of Ebnesina 24 hour clinic:
- X-ray (of organs, trunk, spine and skull, dental x-ray)
- Bone Densitometry